Thursday, April 26, 2012

closest grocery store

My husband and I will be driving into the Franklin area next week for gem mining. We will be staying in a cabin 5 miles north of town on highway 441. If we decide to cook at the cabin, where is the nearest grocery store? We will be driving into Franklin from Highlands. Thanks for your help.

Your town sounds lovely.........

closest grocery store

Hey Texas. Hopefully someone who is a local expert will come along and see your post to give you a detailed answer, but it seems this forum is not frequented that often.

I will tell you the little I know as someone who stayed near Franklin last year and is also coming again next week .

There are at least 2 full size grocery stores within 5 miles of the junction of 64 and 441. Also west of town off 64 there is a shopping Plaza with a grocery store. (sorry I cant remember the name of the store’s but they are major chains)

So don’t worry that you will have to drive for ever to find one.

The phone number to the Franklin Chamber of Commerce is 800-336-7829 or 828-524-3161 These folks are very helpful and I am sure they can be more specific. Also you should visit the Chamber for some great info on Gem Mines. I am looking at a hand out “Guide to Rock Hounding” map as I type this.

Maybe we will run into each other next week. My wife caught the gem mining bug a couple of years ago so we will definitely be getting our hands dirty again this year.

Peace

Keith

closest grocery store

Thanks, Keith. I didn%26#39;t think about the Chamber of Commerce, even though I went to their web site and copied the gem mine map. I wrote the phone number down to take with us, but it sounds like there is a store or two on the way to the cabin.

This will be our first trip to go gem hunting. We saw it on the Travel Channel a while back and it sounds fun. I think we are going to try the Rose Creek Mine, since it has good reviews.

If we get hooked on it, like y%26#39;all, we%26#39;ll just have to go back and stay longer.

Have fun!


There is are two large Ingles Supermarkets in Franklin - you should be able to find most of what you need. There is also a very large Ingles in Cashiers.

  • blocked myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment