Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Blue Heron Motel ...

I%26#39;m surprised at the negative reviews lately ... is the motel under transition? We stayed here twice 10 years ago and were quite comfortable. Family owned. It is a meat-and-potatoes place, but that%26#39;s all we need.





I find generally, though, that beach front places are becoming scary places to stay. Expensive, dirty and noisy. Virginia Beach is a bad place in that way, unless you%26#39;re willing to pay an unfair price. Seems most joints have been replaced by upscale places which have become unaffordable – absolutely unforgivable.



The Blue Heron Motel ...


I went back to January of 2008 and found only two bad reviews. One of those people never stayed at the hotel and based their review solely on a phone conversation. Both of the posters have only provided that review and have never posted on any forum. This, coupled with the quality of the reviews they offered, would make me disregard their remarks entirely. But that%26#39;s my opinion.





As for Virginia Beach, I suppose ';expensive'; is a relative term. It offers beachfront hotels in a range of prices. It is not dirty. You do have to put up with jet noise, if that bothers you.



I like Virginia Beach. It has a nice family atmosphere. The boardwalk is fun in the day and in the evening. I would recommend it for a change from the Outer Banks.



MB



No comments:

Post a Comment