Thursday, April 26, 2012

Celebrating Anniversary Stay

We are wanting to stay some where for a night for our Anniversay that is coming up soon. Would love a place that has a Spa but any suggestions on some place special would be good. Also, things are tight with money so that plays a big part.





Thanks



Celebrating Anniversary Stay


Your only choice I know of for the spa and hotel is Ballantyne Resort. It%26#39;s not cheap but sometimes they run specials. I have stayed at the hotel and gone to the spa several times - it is very good. Congrats on your anniversary!



Celebrating Anniversary Stay


Just remembered- this is not in Charlotte - but the Embassy Suites in Concord ( near the speedway) was a spa - haven%26#39;t been and don%26#39;t the qulaity, but they have one. The Great Wolf Lodge opened just down the road - also has a spa but is really geared toward hundreds of screaming kids! ( LOL) Can%26#39;t imagine a romantic night at that place! Best wishes.




Sorry to spam :) but I apologize for the typos! In a hurry!




I would stay in the South Charlotte/Ballantyne area and make reservations at either the Ballatyne Resort Spa or at Urbana on Pineville Mstthews/Carmel. (Urbana is only 5 minutes from the Ballantyne Hotels.)Urbana is less expensive and has a great massage + tea bar. I find Urbana to be more relaxing than the Resort Spa but if you are looking for something other than a massage (e.g. manicure, facial, etc), then I would go to the Resort.




Hi adoptivemom,





My hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary soon as well! We have a trip planned this summer for a bigger celebration, but we wanted to do something nice to celebrate the actual day as well. We decided on a spa/hotel “staycation” here in Charlotte, and I don’t mind sharing with you my research so here goes:





I looked into Ballantyne Resort and Spa. The best deal I could find for my weekend was $180 for couples’ massage and $199 per night to stay at the resort. If you don’t mind the price tag, their spa is REALLY nice (I’ve used it in the past). This time it was a little high for us, so I kept looking.





We decided on the following: We’re getting a couples massage at Oasis Day Spa on 7th street close to Uptown (in the Elizabeth neighborhood) for $150: http://oasis-dayspa.net/



We also found a good deal at the Westin in Uptown. I happen to have a gift certificate for the Westin’s restaurant, so that’s what drove us to stay there.





Other options I looked into:





OMspa in South End: http://www.omspa.net/ I’ve never been there before, but right now they’re offering a couples massage for $145 ($25 off their regular price – go the “specials” link on their website).





Urbana: http://www.escape2urbana.com/ but their couples massage was the same price as Ballantyne’s, and for the money I’d rather go to Ballantyne.





Also, if you do decide on Ballantyne Spa but don’t want to stay at the Resort, the Staybridge in Ballantyne is also surprisingly nice. It’s only a few blocks away from Ballantyne Resort, so you wouldn’t have far to go, and it’s a good deal cheaper – I think their rates are closer to $100 a night.





Good luck planning your anniversary celebration!





-Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment