Thursday, April 26, 2012

Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?

I have looked over the site for Waynesville and it is lovely.I have found the lodging kinda expensive [but I guess that is because it is a great place to go]



Is there anywhere to stay there other than the B%26amp;Bs?



Or anything not super expensive?



Thanks again.



Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?


just a suggestion...but in the past we have had really good (with other locations) with the following website (Vacation Rentals by Owner - www.vrbo.com). Look in NC for the Smoky mtn. region for Waynesville.





vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…4148



Waynesville looks lovely.Any affordable lodging for July?


Waynesville%26#39;s Bed and Breakfast Inns are really great. Worth it if your budget will allow!




There are actually a few hotels that seem very nice, from the outside anyway. There is a brand new super 8 in clyde, which is less than 5 minutes from downtown waynesville. Each room appears to have a balcany with a nice view and a couple of rocking chairs. I would also suggest the balsam mountain inn




There are a lot of private vacation rentals in the area. It depends on your price range and how many people you need to accommodate. I stayed in a gorgeous log home for $175 that slept 12. I have been to vacation rentals and find rentals. Just type in the city in which you want to stay. I have also stayed in a hotel in Maggie Valley for about $90 in July. (It was a little run down, but a place to sleep). We saved more money staying in a vacation rental. It had a full kitchen so there was no need to eat out. We also saved money because we had family who split the cost. Hope this helps you. ;)




I agree with vrbo.com for cabin rentals. I also agree for getting a cabin to cook your own meals. That will save you way more than the cost of a roomy cabin over a small hotel room. Try Maggie Valley for rentals. It is 10 minutes from Waynesville and has many more cabins.




I have stayed at the Days Inn several times and the rooms were fine. Nothing special, but clean. I also occassionally stay at the Waynesville Country Club when I can get the govenment rate. I really enjoy my stays here




I love the area, but am having to watch my budget right now. Luckily, my best friend and I found a very reasonable B and B called The River Lodge in Cullowhee (about 15 miles away.) Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor. I haven%26#39;t stayed there yet, but made reservations for later this month with the innkeeper and she was super nice. The breakfast looks fantastic! Our total two night stay (w/tax) is costing us $275!




we are staying at Moose Crossing, it looks like it%26#39;s separate cabins, fulls equipped, they have a great web site. Will be staying here in April for 1 week, the owner was very nice and helpful on the phone. The location is not very far from main street. adriennepollack@yahoo.com




I am building a house in Waynesville and go up frequently. We stay in the Oak Park Inn on Main street, but have stayed in the new Super 8 as well. Both are reasonable. I recently stayed in a cabin called Moose Crossing, it was great, very affordable and fully furnished, including soap and papertowels. There is a huge festival in the summer called Folk Moot, book early,all the motels get taken including Maggie Valley. Waynesville has a Best Western which looks decent as well as a Days Inn which is also decent. Stay away from the others. Maggie Valley has alot of motels, most are reasonable. Adriennepollack@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment