Friday, March 30, 2012

My Short Stay In New Bern

I enjoyed my four day visit, even though the sun only came out on the day I left. The Comfort Inn exceeded my expectations and I will write a positive review about the hotel. I quickly got a great feel for the history in New Bern. It seemed every corner I turned, another interesting place was waiting. Made for great afternoon strolls. The waterfront area is beautiful, with a nice park with tables and grills. There is also a nearby gas station with a store that has everything imaginable to eat and drink for a great picnic or bbq.



The people are very friendly, their homes are beautiful, and their history remarkable. Their 300th anniversay is next year!



I was not too impressed with most of the restaurants I visited. It appears to be geared more towards tourists. The prices were high, the quantity, and preperation low. My last day, a few people suggested the restaurants were better and less expensive ';near the mall';, wherever that is.



I reccomend visiting New Bern, not so much the downtown restaurants. Lot%26#39;s of smiles and hello%26#39;s from the locals makes for a happy visitor.



My Short Stay In New Bern


Glad you enjoyed your visit to our town. I moved here 7 years ago and fell in love. As far as the downtown restaurants I too find they lack. Its part of being in a touristy area. There are a few that I will eat at every once in a while for special occasions, and others I avoid.





Glad you enjoyed your trip. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment