Friday, March 30, 2012

Beach erosion???

We used to spend a week or two in spring or fall on Topsail Island at Villa Capriani, but I read on a forum recently that there has been so much beach erosion there that you can hardly take a walk. (We love Villa C for the large pool with ocean view and the oceanfront units, but have not been there for 4 years )





We are longing to return.





Can anyone comment?





Also, does anyone know any good sites to rent a Villa C. unit from a timeshare rather than from a real estate agent to save some $$?







theo



Beach erosion???


There is plenty of beah right now,as a matter of fact there is more beach than I have seen for some time.Right now We are having a Coastal Storm but I don%26#39;t see it taking away any beach.Its good to go.



About the Villa



,I spent 11 years there and I love the pool there.I take my ywo small children there all the time.As for renting thru some other way I belive your%26#39;e out of luck because I think they only rent thru Rental agents.



Beach erosion???


Thanks Jellybear. Where do you go now?




Check out Villa Unit 317A. treasurerealty.com/rentals/鈥?17a.htm





The Villa is still the nicest resort on the beach and the Beach is fine. At high tide there are times that the water is very high, but the beach is still lovely.




The last time we were there (NTB), the beach was the best I have seen in years.





We stay way up at the north end. St. Regis has some nice units. I have seen the Villa advertised by other rental companies. Maybe google? Good luck, if I hear anything else, I will post. Try and post a report when you get a chance.





Happy Vacation.




Jellybear and Donna are right, the springtime beach is the best I%26#39;ve seen it in a few years. Springtime tides and storms generally eat away at the shoreline

No comments:

Post a Comment