Monday, April 23, 2012

158

What are some interesting stops along the route 158?

158

I usually jump out of work on a Friday and shoot down in a straight shot so I rarely makes stops, plus I have no idea what type of thing you%26#39;re looking for but here%26#39;s what I can note:

-Hungry? Good BBQ sandwich at ';Currituck BBQ'; (look for the red neon pig on the roadside sign). Actually this may be on Rt 168 which turns into Rt 158.

-Want to pick up some fresh produce/fruit? There are a couple of roadside markets like ';Grandy%26#39;s';.

-Any interest within your party in monster trucks? If so, ';Gravedigger'; is calling your names. You can%26#39;t miss it - it%26#39;s a big vertical black and green monster truck on the roadside.

-Like beer and German cuisine? ';The Weeping Radish Brewery'; has local microbrews, sit down dining and carry out German sausages (I%26#39;ve bought some bratwurst - it was pretty darn good). Also, in the winter time they now have a ice skating rink. It relocated to its Rt 158 location from Manteo a few years back.

-Last but not least there%26#39;s a place located on 158 just before the Wright Bros Memorial Bridge called ';Mermaids';. I%26#39;ve never been, but it%26#39;s been there for years, so I guess you could say it%26#39;s an OBX institution. I%26#39;ll let you figure out what this place is for yourself...but here%26#39;s a hint: leave the kids at home and judging by its looks you may want to wear a Hazmat suit and bring hand sanitizer.

158

Chazzercise, I would agree with each of these points. And that last one is hilarious!


Mermaids is a topless bar, and I hear (never been there) that some of the women actually have their own teeth still. Hand sanitizer is a must there.


The cotton gin a huge gift store and collectibles too .

The town of Currituck there is the oldest jail in NC I think open to the public

The Currituck County Courthouse and Jail are two of the oldest buildings in North Carolina. The original Courthouse was constructed in 1723. This building was replaced in 1842. It has since been renovated and currently houses the County%26#39;s governmental offices. In 1776, the Colonial Legislature granted permission to build a jail in Currituck County. The Currituck County Jail is one of the five oldest jails in North Carolina.

http://www.cottongin.com/

http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=9468

http://www.currituck.com/


LOL I think we will skip the toothless toplessness! I need hand sanitizer just reading about it. LOL

  • horses
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment